Sunday August 27, 2023 - Ramble at Spruce Lake Retreat
Every year, the public is invited to visit some of the most beautiful places and spaces in the heart of the Poconos for the Brodhead Watershed Association’s Annual Ramble. This year is no different with the scenic and tranquil backdrop of Spruce Lake Retreat as our Ramble destination for 2023. Join us on Sunday, August 27th for an afternoon of hiking, recreational activities, and educational programming that offers up a whole lot of fun, opportunities to learn, and plenty of time out in nature.
2:00 – 2:15 P: Registration at Center Circle
PARKING: There is no designated parking area for this event. You may park wherever there is a spot available on the grounds. There are several parking areas throughout the grounds.
- Choice A: Spruce Mountain Trail – the view is absolutely worth the challenge on this 1.5 mile trail featuring a charming waterfall and picturesque overlook (leader led)
- Choice B: Whitetail Trail – a moderate 2.09 mile trail that treks through the outskirts and wilderness edge of Spruce Lake (leader led)
- Choice A: Educational Programs – featuring Keith Robinson & Brittany Coleman
- Choice B: For those who didn’t choose it the first time around, there is an opportunity to hike Whitetail Trail during the second program – a moderate 2.09 mile trail that treks through the outskirts and wilderness edge of Spruce Lake (leader led)
- Nature Trail (Green) – .33 miles (easy)
- Ruffed Grouse Trail (Orange) – .57 miles (easy)
- Snowshoe Trail (Blue) 1.33 miles (moderate)
- Wild Turkey Trail (Purple) .48 miles (easy)
- Fox Run Trail (White) .32 miles (easy)
- Kayaks and Paddle Boats (until 4:00 pm)
- Disc Golf
- Basketball, Tennis, Pickleball, & Volleyball
- Shuffleboard, Quoits, and Horseshoes
- Indoor Game Room (coin-operated air hockey, pool, ping pong, foosball, and shuffleboard)
- Miniature Golf (Additional $5 per person, per game)
4:45 P: Presentation by Spruce Lake Camp Director at North Lawn
5:00 P: Meal Time
Enjoy a Salad/Appetizer/Sandwich Bar served buffet-style in the Dining Room at Spruce Lake Lodge
*The Dining Room is located on the SECOND FLOOR of Spruce Lodge.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have any dietary restrictions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and dietary details. If the restriction is for a child, please include your name, the child’s name, and their dietary details.
Donation Fee: Adult BWA Members – $30.00; Non-Members $35.00; Children and Adolescents: $15.00
Deadline to Register: Sunday, August 20, 2023
****Remember to bring a refillable water bottle and bug spray if you will be going on a hike!****